Places to Visit

Golden Temple

The forehead is on 100 acres of area and has been designed by Vellore-based Sri Narayani Peedam, advancing by religious head Sri Sakthi Amma also known as Narayani Amma. The forehead with gold protecting has complex designs and art forms in silver. The illumination is organized in such a way that the forehead papers even during evening. The development of the forehead was finished on Aug 24, 2007. More than 1500 kg of gold was used to build this forehead. The LED illumination on the variety of the ceiling of the celebrity direction is lit up in the evening so that anyone can observe a celebrity on the world.

Sripuram-Sri Lakshmi Narayani Fantastic Temple is the biggest Fantastic forehead in the world, with over 1.5 lots of gold used. All the gold work was done by craftsmen focusing on forehead art using silver. Every individual details was personally created, such as transforming the gold sections into gold foils and then increasing on the gold foils on birdwatcher. Gold aluminum foil from 9 levels to 15 levels has been installed on the personalized birdwatcher clothing. Every individual details in the forehead art has importance from the vedas. Sripuram design symbolizes a star-shaped path(Sri chakra), in the center of the lushgreen surroundings, with a duration of over 1.8 km. One has simply to move along the celebrity direction to arrive at the forehead in the center, which is set by information from Sri Sakthi Amma and from different beliefs and religious commanders.

about-banner

Jalakandeswarar Temple

about-banner

As per the folklore, Lord Siva appeared in the dreams of Chieftain Bomma Reddy and revealed his whereabouts. The recovered the Idol from the anthill. The bottom of anthill was filled with water, hence the name Jalakandeswarar ( Lord Siva in water).  This temple is located inside Vellore fort. Vellore fort was built by the chieftains Bomma Reddy and Thimma Reddy, in the Vijayanagara dynasty.

From the inscriptions, it is known that The temple construction began in 1274 AD which later renovated in the 14th century during the reign of Sambuvarayars. Few more structures added in the 16th century. The inner Prakaram of the temple and the inner fort were built by the Sambuvarayars during the 13th century, This present form of the was built during the reign of Vijayanagara King Sadasivadeva Maharaya during 1540 - 1572 AD.

The Kalyana Mantap to the left of the entrance to the Jalakandeswarar temple bears testimony to the engineering marvel and the advanced state of sculptures. The temple gopuram is 7 tiered with intricate carvings.  This temple was built in Dravidian architecture and houses one of the most intricately carved stone pillars. Raja Gopuram was built in 1566 AD.

Vellore Fort

Vellore Fort was built during the 16th century AD by the Aravindu Dynasty of the Vijaynagar Empire. Later the fort’s ownership passed through the various dynasties like the Marathas, Bijapur Sultans, the Carnatic Nawabs and the British. The massive ramparts and moats have made the fort a strategic location, it was also known to have Tipu Sultan’s family and the last king of Sri Lanka as prisoners during the time of the British. The fort complex contains a church, a temple and a mosque.

At a distance of 142 km from Chennai, 70 km from Kanchipuram and 106 km from Tirupati, Vellore is a popular and one of the oldest cities of South India. It is the administrative headquarters of Vellore district in Tamil Nadu situated on the banks of Palar River. Vellore along with Sripuram is among popular weekend getaways from Chennai for a 2 day tour and it is a major historical site in Tamilnadu. Vellore is also one of the top Tourist places in Tamilnadu.

about-banner

Arulmigu Balamurugan Ratnagiri Tirukkovil

Born on the 24th of January 1941 (in the Vikrama year of the Tamil calendar on the 11th day of the month of Thai) in the small village of Kilminnal adjacent to Rathinagiri, he was the fourth child born to Śrī Kandaswami Mudaliar and Smt. Sinagarammal. He was named Dakshinamurthy and Sachidanandam, both being names of Lord Shiva.

On completion of his schooling he entered the services of the Electricity Department. Soon after, he entered into holy matrimony with Sivakami and was blessed with two daughters and a son.

One day in his 27th year, on his way to work, he climbed the hill to offer his prayers. There was neither camphor nor incense available at the temple. He walked around the shrine with a heavy heart and was suddenly overcome with divine awakening. He fell in a faint to the ground and on waking up was unable to remember his own self. He dressed himself in a loincloth. He took a sacred vow not to leave until the temple was restored to its former glory.

about-banner

Amirthi zoological park

about-banner

Amirthi zoological park is situated under the Javadu Hills of Tellaiacross Amirthi river which is 25 kms away from vellore. It also is atourism spot. This zoo logical park was started in the year 1967October. The area of the park is 25 hectares and one can findbeautiful water falls. There are also different kinds of birds andanimals. Swings, Seesaw etc., are there for children to play.Numerous kinds of herbal plants and trees and sandal wood treesalso grow here. There are 2 rest houses and five members can stayis one dormitory. There is a meditating hall where one can have fullconcentration and be in serenity.

The inflow of tourists is more only during the holidays. This zoological park has been recognized recently and so the state Government has taken initiative to develop this area. The entrance fees is only Rs 2/- per head, for cycles Rs.3/- for van Rs.5/- for motor cyclesRs.2/- . The Government earns Rs.6000/- per month and Rs.72,000/- per year by this entrance fees. The tribal people reside in this area.

There is a range office at Amirthi headed by the forest ranger, Mr.Deendayalan at present 2001.) There is also a hill tribe society at Nimmiyambattu near Amirthi. The main aim is to give employment opportunities to the hill tribals in that area.

Virinjipuram temple

As per the folklore, Lingodbhava is attached with this temple. Lord Siva once emerged as a cosmic pillar and challenged Lord Vishnu and Lord Brahma to find the begin and the end. Lord Vishnu in the form of a boar dug deep into the Earth and told Siva that he could not make it. Lord Brahma in the form a swan and set out to reach the top. Brahma with the support of Mogili Flower and Cow told Siva that he had reached the top. Angered by the false claim, Lord Siva cursed Brahma that there will not be any idols for him in the Earth.

To get rid of this sin, Brahma took the birth as Brahmin and called by Siva Sharma, took the responsibilities after his father's death.

Siva Sharma offered prayers for Swarna Ganapathi who then approached Lord Siva to perform Abhishek. As he was small, he was not able to touch the head portion of Siva Linga. Lord Siva bent down to help Siva Sharma in performing Abhishek. Hence the deity in this temple is found siding.  Lord Siva is called by Marga Bandhu Eswar which means "One who guide us in the right way". This temple is of 1000 years old. During Panguni Masam, Sun rays fall on the presiding deity inside Garbha Griha.

about-banner

Yelagiri Hills

about-banner

At a distance of 230 km from Chennai, 178 km from Bangalore, 145 km from Yercaud and 94 km from Vellore, Yelagiri is a hill region in Vellore district of Tamil Nadu, located in between the towns of Vaniyambadi and Jolarpettai. This is one of the best hill stations near Bangalore & Chennai. It is also one of the famous weekend getaways from Bangalore & Chennai.

Yelagiri is a cluster of 14 hamlets lie between four mountains spread over an area of 30 sq km having an altitude of 3500 ft. The tribal people who live here are engaged in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, etc. Orchards, rose gardens and green valleys, surround these hills.

The main town of Yelagiri Hills is Athanavur, which comprises a winding road through the hills with isolated villages. The Whole of Yelagiri was once the private property of the Yelagiri Zamindar Family. It was taken over by the government of India during the Early 1950s. The house of the Yelagiri Zamindars still exists in Reddiyur.